/fossil, High-reliability, distributed software configuration management
1.36, Package name:
fossil-1.36, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Fossil is a distributed software control system that includes a
whole palette of useful companion software: for example, bug
tracking and a wiki.
It allows autosyncing with an upstream before a commit. fossil is
a single standalone executable, using bandwidth efficient transfers
over HTTP. It includes its own HTTP server for providing the
repository, if needed.
The repository is kept in a sqlite database, only updated with
atomic commits, which can be checked by fossil itself for consistency.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-10-26) Updated to version: fossil-1.36
- (2016-06-16) Updated to version: fossil-1.35
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: fossil-1.34nb1
- (2015-12-29) Updated to version: fossil-1.34
- (2015-05-29) Updated to version: fossil-1.33
- (2015-03-15) Updated to version: fossil-1.32
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-12-03 20:40:05 by Sebastian Wiedenroth | Files touched by this commit (1) |
help configure find zlib
| 2016-10-25 19:57:39 by Kamil Rytarowski | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update fossil from 1.35 to 1.36
- update MASTER_SITES to http://fossil-scm.org/xfer/uv/download/
Changes for Version 1.36 (2016-10-24)
Add support for unversioned content, the fossil unversioned command and the \
/uv and /uvlist web pages.
The download page is moved into unversioned content so that the self-hosting \
Fossil websites no longer uses any external content.
Added the "Search" button to the graphical diff generated by the \
--tk option on the diff command.
Added the "--checkin VERSION" option to the diff command.
Various performance enhancements to the diff command.
Update internal Unicode character tables, used in regular expression \
handling, from version 8.0 to 9.0.
Update the built-in SQLite to version 3.15 (beta). Fossil now requires the \
SQLITE_DBCONFIG_MAINDBNAME interface of SQLite which is only available in SQLite \
version 3.15 and later and so Fossil will not work with earlier SQLite versions.
Fix multi-line timeline bug
Enhance the fossil purge command.
New command fossil shell.
SQL parameters whose names are all lower-case in Ticket Report SQL queries \
are filled in using HTTP query parameter values.
Added support for child projects that are able to pull from their parent but \
Added the -nocomplain option to the TH1 "query" command.
Added support for the chng=GLOBLIST query parameter on the /timeline webpage.
| 2016-06-16 10:34:29 by Roy Marples | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to fossil-1.35, principal changes include:
* Enable symlinks by default on all non-Windows platforms.
* Enhance the Markdown formatting so that hyperlinks that begin with \
"/" are relative to the root of the Fossil repository.
* Rework the /setup_list page (the User List page) to display all users in a \
* Fix backslash-octal escape on filenames while importing from git
* When markdown documents begin with <h1> HTML elements, use that \
header at the document title.
* Added the /bigbloblist page.
* Enhance the /finfo page so that when it is showing the ancestors of a \
particular file version, it only shows direct ancestors and omits changes on \
branches, thus making it show the same set of ancestors that are used for \
* Added the --page option to the fossil ui command
* Added the fossil bisect ui command
* Enhanced the fossil diff command so that it accepts directory names as \
arguments and computes diffs on all files contained within those directories.
* Fix the fossil add command so that it shows "SKIP" for files \
added that were already under management.
* TH1 enhancements:
* Add [array exists] command.
* Add minimal [array names] command.
* Add tcl_platform(engine) and tcl_platform(platform) array elements.
* Get autosetup working with MinGW.
* Fix autosetup detection of zlib in the source tree.
* Added autosetup detection of OpenSSL when it may be present under the \
"compat" subdirectory of the source tree.
* Added the fossil reparent command
* Added --include and --exclude options to fossil tarball and fossil zip and \
the in= and ex= query parameters to the /tarball and /zip web pages.
* Add support for encrypted Fossil repositories.
* If the FOSSIL_PWREADER environment variable is set, then use the program it \
names in place of getpass() to read passwords and passphrases
* Option --baseurl now works on Windows.
* Numerious documentation improvements.
* Update the built-in SQLite to version 3.13.0.
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2015-12-29 16:31:13 by Niclas Rosenvik | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update fossil to version 1.34.
Remove readline dependency fossil now uses the linenoise library
Install manpage, license and linenoise license.
* Make the fossil clean command undoable for files less than 10MiB.
* Update internal Unicode character tables, used in regular expression
handling, from version 7.0 to 8.0.
* Add the new amend command which is used to modify tags of a "check-in".
* Fix bug in import command, handling version 3 of the svndump format for
* Add the all cache command.
* TH1 enhancements:
Add minimal [lsearch] command. Only exact case-sensitive matching is
Add the [glob_match], [markdown], [dir], and [encode64] commands.
Add the [tclIsSafe] and [tclMakeSafe] commands to the Tcl integration
Add 'double', 'integer', and 'list' classes to the [string is] command.
* Add the --undo option to the diff command.
* Build-in Antirez's "linenoise" command-line editing library
for use with the fossil sql command on Unix platforms.
* Add stash cat as an alias for the stash show command.
* Automatically pull before fossil merge when auto-sync is enabled.
* Fix --hard option to fossil mv and fossil rm to enable them to work properly
with certain relative paths.
* Change the mimetype for ".n" and ".man" files to text/plain.
* Display improvements in the fossil bisect chart command.
* Updated the built-in SQLite to version 3.9.1 and activated JSON1 and
FTS5 support (both currently unused within Fossil).
| 2015-12-12 00:22:49 by Sebastian Wiedenroth | Files touched by this commit (1) |
help configure find openssl
| 2015-05-29 16:15:35 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.33
This is Version 1.33 (2015-05-23)
Principal changes in this release:
Improved fork detection on fossil update, fossil status and related commands.
Change the default skin to what used to be called "San Francisco \
Add the /repo-tabsize web page
Add fossil import --svn, for importing a subversion repository into fossil \
which was exported using "svnadmin dump".
Add the "--compress-only" option to fossil rebuild.
Use a pie chart on the /reports?view=byuser page.
Enhanced fossil clean --verily so that it ignores keep-glob and ignore-glob \
settings. Added the -x alias for --verily.
Add the --soft and --hard options to fossil rm and fossil mv. The default is \
still --soft, but that is now configurable at compile-time or by the mv-rm-files \
Improved ability to customize the timelime graph.
Improvements to the /sitemap page.
Automatically adjust the CLI timeline to the terminal width on Linux.
Added [info commands] and [info vars] commands to TH1. These commands \
perform the same function as their Tcl counterparts, except they do not accept a \
Fix some obscure issues with TH1 expression processing.
Fix titles in search results for documents that are not wiki, markdown, or HTML.
Formally translate TH1 to Tcl return codes and vice-versa, where necessary, \
in the Tcl integration subsystem.
Add fossil leaves -multiple, for finding multiple leaves on the same branch.
Added the "Blitz" skin option.
Removed the ".fossil-settings/keep-glob" file. It should not have \
been checked into the repository.
Update the built-in SQLite to version 22.214.171.124.
Make fossil open honor ".fossil-settings/allow-symlinks".
Allow fossil add to be used on symlinks to nonexistent or unreadable files \
in the same way as fossil addremove.
Added fork warning to be issued if sync produced a fork
Update the info page to report when a file becomes a symlink. Additionally \
show the UUID for files whose types have changed without changing contents or \
Have fossil changes and fossil status report when executable or symlink \
status changes on otherwise unmodified files.
Permit filtering weekday and file reports by user. Also ensure the user \
parameter is preserved when changing types. Add a field for direct entry of the \
user name to each applicable report.
Create parent directories of empty-dirs if they don't already exist.
Inhibit timeline links to wiki pages that have been deleted.
| 2015-03-15 08:54:35 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.32 based on patch by Jan Danielsson in private email.
Changes for Version 1.32 (2015-03-14)
When creating a new repository using fossil init, ensure that
the new repository is fully compatible with historical versions
of Fossil by having a valid manifest as RID 1.
Anti-aliased rendering of arrowheads on timeline graphs.
Added vi/less-style key bindings to the --tk diff GUI.
Documentation updates to fix spellings and changes all "checkins"
Add the --repolist option to server commands such as fossil
server or fossil http.
Added the "Xekri" skin.
Enhance the "ln=" query parameter on artifact displays to accept
multiple ranges, separate by spaces (or "+" when URL-encoded).
Added fossil forget as an alias for fossil rm.
Changes For Version 1.31 (2015-02-23)
Change the auxiliary schema by adding columns MLINK.ISAUX and
MLINK.PMID columns to the schema, to support better drawing of
file change graphs. A fossil rebuild is recommended but is not
required. so that the new graph drawing logic can work effectively.
Added search over Check-in comments, Documents, Tickets and
Wiki. Disabled by default. The search can be either a full-scan
or it can use an index that is kept up-to-date automatically.
The new /srchsetup web-page and the fts-config command were
added to help configure the search capability. Expect further
enhancements to the search capabilities in subsequent releases.
Added form elements to some submenus (in particular the /timeline)
for easier operation.
Added the --ifneeded option to fossil rebuild.
Added "override skins" using the "skin:" line of the CGI \
or using the --skin LABEL option on the server, ui, or http
Embedded html documents that begin with <doc class="fossil-doc">
are displayed with standard headers and footers added.
Allow <div style='...'> markup in wiki.
Renamed "Events" to "Technical Notes", while updating the
technote display and control pages. Add support for technotes
as plain text or as Markdown.
Added the /md_rules pages containing summary instructions on
the Markdown format.
Added the --repolist and --nojail options to the various server
commands (ex: fossil server).
Added the fossil all add subcommand to "fossil all".
Improvements to the /login page. Some hyperlinks to pages that
require "anonymous" privileges are displayed even if the current
user is "nobody" but automatically redirect to /login.
The /doc web-page will now try to deliver the file "404.md"
from the top-level directory (if such a file exists) in place
of its built-in 404 text.
Download of Tarballs and ZIP Archives by user "nobody" is now
enabled by default in new repositories.
Enhancements to the table sorting controls. More display tables
are now sortable.
Add IPv6 support to fossil sync and fossil clone
Add more skins such as "San Francisco Modern" and "Eagle".
During shutdown, check to see if the check-out database
(".fslckout") contains a lot of free space, and if it does,
Added the /mimetype_list page.
Added the /hash-collisions page.
Allow the user of Common Table Expressions in the SQL that
defaults ticket reports.
Break out the components (css, footer, and header) for the
various built-in skins into separate files in the source tree.