/ruby-logging, Flexible logging library for Ruby based on log4j
2.2.2, Package name:
ruby23-logging-2.2.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Logging is a flexible logging library for use in Ruby programs based
on the design of Java's log4j library. It features a hierarchical
logging system, custom level names, multiple output destinations per
log event, custom formatting, and more.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-23) Updated to version: ruby23-logging-2.2.2
- (2017-03-14) Updated to version: ruby22-logging-2.2.0
- (2016-03-15) Updated to version: ruby22-logging-2.1.0
- (2015-06-03) Updated to version: ruby200-logging-2.0.0
- (2014-07-24) Updated to version: ruby200-logging-1.8.2
- (2014-03-14) Updated to version: ruby193-logging-1.8.2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-22 18:22:56 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 2.2.2.
== 2.2.2 / 2017-04-11
- limit the depth of nested exceptions [PR #167]
== 2.2.1 / 2017-04-09
- show exception `cause` if one exists [PR #165]
| 2017-03-13 17:42:32 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 2.2.0.
== 2.2.0 / 2017-03-09
- diagnostic context inheritance is now optional [PR #160]
- add support for setting a UTC offset [PR #157]
- setting a basepath for call tracing [PR #154]
- use thread-local variables for diagnostic contexts [PR #162]
- replace `Fixnum` with `Integer` [PR #161]
- fixed a race condition in the rolling file appender [PR #151]
- dropped Ruby 1.9 support
| 2016-03-15 17:54:33 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 2.1.0.
== 2.1.0 / 2016-03-13
- appender factories now fail explicitly on bad arguments [PR #117]
- console loggers (stdout, stderr) use `write` for compatibility [PR #127]
- allow whitespace in traced method names [PR #128]
- accessor methods for `backtrace` settings [PR #134]
- asynchronous writing from buffered appenders [PR #135]
- improve date format performance when outputting microseconds [PR #136]
- added some thread safety to log level setters [PR #137]
- use `write` everywhere instead of `syswrite` [PR #138]
- fixing encodings in tests [PR #116]
- fix Rails4 logger compatibility [PR #121]
- explicitly adding the MIT license [PR #123]
- update `object_id` format in inspect methods [PR #133]
- fixed Travis-CI tests
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-06-03 16:45:17 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 2.0.0.
== 2.0.0 / 2015-03-28
- added event filtering via the Filter framework
- improvements to buffered logging
- code readability improvements around meta-programming
- fixed an `already initialized error`
- avoid unnecessary mutex-ing in logger lookup
- dropped Ruby 1.8 support
- removed logger consolidation
- removed YAML style configuration
- removed the Logging::Stats module
- removed the Hash#getopt method
- removed the Growl appender
- moved the Email appender to the logging-email plugin gem
| 2014-03-14 16:56:37 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 1.8.2.
== 1.8.2 / 2014-01-29
- Adding a `formatter` method for Rails 4 compatibility
| 2013-04-06 16:09:35 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (22) |
Various MASTER_SITES-related fixes.
| 2013-01-12 10:14:59 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-logging to 1.8.1.
== 1.8.1 / 2013-01-02
- Diagnostic context thread inheritance [issue #56]
- Fixing trace reporting in JRuby 1.7