/sylpheed, Gtk based e-mail and netnews client
3.5.1nb3, Package name:
sylpheed-3.5.1nb3, Maintainer: ahoka
Sylpheed is an e-mail client (and news reader) based on GTK+ v2, running on
X Window System, and aiming for
* Quick response
* Graceful, and sophisticated interface
* Easy configuration, intuitive operation
* Abundant features
The appearance and interface are similar to some popular e-mail clients for
Windows, such as Outlook Express, Becky!, and Datula. The interface is also
designed to emulate the mailers on Emacsen, and almost all commands are
accessible with the keyboard.
The messages are managed by MH format, and you'll be able to use it together
with another mailer based on MH format (like Mew). You can also utilize
fetchmail or/and procmail, and external programs on receiving (like inc or
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: gpgme, gtkspell, inet6
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-31) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.1nb3
- (2017-02-12) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.1nb2
- (2017-02-06) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.1nb1
- (2016-09-08) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.1
- (2016-08-03) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.0nb2
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: sylpheed-3.5.0nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-31 12:32:21 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (106) | |
Recursive bump for gpgme update which removed a support library.
| 2017-02-12 07:26:18 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1451) |
Recursive revbump from fonts/harfbuzz
| 2017-02-06 14:56:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1452) |
Recursive bump for harfbuzz's new graphite2 dependency.
| 2016-09-07 23:13:44 by Ryosuke Moro | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update sylpheed to 3.5.1
* 3.5.1 (stable)
* New plug-in APIs to handle compose view were added.
* Autotools scripts were updated.
* Included documents were updated.
| 2016-08-03 12:23:40 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (1248) | |
Revbump after graphics/gd update
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2016-01-27 19:56:31 by Ryosuke Moro | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update sylpheed to 3.5.0
* 3.5.0 (stable)
* A fix for ARM architecture was made.
* TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 will be enabled for STARTTLS when OpenSSL 1.0.1 or
above is used.
* Some bugfixes and stability improvements were made.
* Win32: more fix for the crash when linked with newer MSVCRT was made.
* Win32: irresponsibe text entries on the first display of the filter
edit dialog were fixed.
* Win32: libpng was updated to 1.4.19.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to v0.9.8zh.
* 3.5.0beta3 (development)
* A bug that reorder of filter runes by DnD was not saved was fixed.
* The original file names of attachments are kept when opening them,
and shorter suffixes are added in the case they conflict.
* The crash when displaying HTML messages was fixed (#215).
* The bug that column sizes of the address book were not properly set was
* Win32: the bug that maximized state was unset on minimize was fixed.
* Win32: the crash when linked with newer MSVCRT was fixed.
* Win32: dependency on libtiff was removed (GDI+ is used).
* Win32: libjpeg was updated.
* Win32: libpng was updated to 1.4.16.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to v0.9.8zg.
* Win32: included SSL certificates were updated.
* 3.5.0beta2 (development)
* Windows / widgets are now adjusted to their optimal sizes by reference
to system DPI value.
* The option to specify startup online mode was added.
* The bug that wrote the first part of data if the message body in the
IMAP4 responses didn't end with CR+LF was fixed (#84).
* The bug that previously selected folder on the file selection dialog
was not remembered with GTK+ 2.24.x was fixed.
* Hebrew translation was added.
* Win32: The bug that 'Minimize to tray icon' didn't work with 3.5.0beta1
* Win32: 'Toggle window on trayicon click' now works.
* Win32: sylpheed.exe executable became DPI-Aware.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8zc.
* Win32: included SSL certificates were updated.
* 3.5.0beta1 (development)
* Mbox locking became NFS-safe (#202).
* Configure: silent rules are enabled by default.
* Configure.in was renamed to configure.ac.
* Fade effect was added to the notification window.
* Sylpheed.desktop file was updated.
* Win32: build fix for newer MinGW was made.
* Win32: 32-bit time_t is always used on win32 for backward compatibility.
* Win32: included third-party libraries were updated:
- GTK+ 2.24.23
- GLib 2.38.2
- GDK-Pixbuf 2.30.7
- Pango 1.36.3
- Cairo 1.10.2
- libpng 1.14.13
- GPGME 1.4.3
* Win32: the following issues were fixed because of GTK+ update:
- System Icon issue when ran on Windows 7 (#13, #85)
- Scroll jumping issue on text views when using Japanese IME
- Menus became more native-looking
- File dialogs were improved
| 2015-11-04 00:27:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (312) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for mail category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package mutt: missing distfile patch-1.5.24.rr.compressed.gz
Package p5-Email-Valid: missing distfile Email-Valid-1.198.tar.gz
Package pine: missing distfile fancy.patch.gz
Package postgrey: missing distfile targrey-0.31-postgrey-1.34.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile badrcptto.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile outgoingip.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-1.03-realrcptto-2006.12.10.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-smtpd-viruscan-1.3.patch
Package thunderbird24: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Package thunderbird31: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.