/mplayer, Fast, cross-platform movie player
1.1nb5, Package name:
mplayer-1.1nb5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
MPlayer is a movie player for LINUX (runs on many other Unices,
and non-x86 CPUs). It plays most MPEG, VOB, AVI, VIVO, ASF/WMV,
QT/MOV, FLI, RM, NuppelVideo, yuv4mpeg, FILM, RoQ files, supported
by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD,
SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, and even DivX movies too. The another big feature
of mplayer is the wide range of supported output drivers. It works
with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib, DirectFB, but
you can use GGI and SDL (and this way all their drivers) and some
lowlevel card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx, and Radeon) too!
Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can
enjoy movies in fullscreen. It also sports nice big antialiased
shaded subtitles (10 supported types) with european/ISO 8859-1,
2 (hungarian, english, czech, etc), cyrillic, korean fonts, and
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: cdparanoia, dv, dvdnav, dvdread, esound, faad, gif, jpeg, mad, mplayer-menu, mplayer-runtime-cpudetection, nas, oss, png, pulseaudio, sdl, theora, v4l2, vorbis, x264, xvid
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-03-15) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1nb5
- (2013-01-17) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1nb4
- (2012-12-02) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1nb3
- (2012-11-03) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1nb2
- (2012-10-29) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1nb1
- (2012-06-11) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-03-15 13:16:59 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (2) |
fix missing part of recursive bump for png-1.6.
| 2013-01-16 22:17:20 by Taylor R Campbell | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Revbump for change to mplayer's default options.
| 2012-12-02 02:33:52 by Aleksey Cheusov | Files touched by this commit (2) |
New option "lirc" for mplayer enabled on systems that support it
| 2012-11-03 10:04:10 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Bump revision of the correct packages after "pulseaudio" update.
| 2012-10-29 00:40:25 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (7) |
As promised a week ago, remove arts and aalib from default suggested
arts is obsolete and aalib only ever was a nice hack, not something
to be enabled by default.
| 2012-10-08 11:21:16 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (161) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-06-11 15:41:13 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (24) | |
Update mplayer packages to 1.1, provided by Leonardo Taccari in PR 46566.
* Fix some pkglint(1) warnings (no functional changes intended)
* Modified options.mk in order to always enable or disable a
PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTION (for more information please give a look to
the second "Note" of options.mk)
* Removed the mplayer-internal-faad PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTION, now faad support is
only enabled via audio/faad2.
* Changed MASTER_SITES, now MPlayer distfile is fetched directly from its
1.1: "We gave up on 1.0"
* FFmpeg AAC decoder is now preferred over libfaad2 and the internal
libfaad2 forked copy has been removed in its favor
* experimental support for using binary Quicktime codecs with -demuxer lavf.
* correct runtime and average bitrate for VBR (variable bitrate) MP3
* delogo: allow to change the rectangle based on the time.
* lavfi: libavfilter filter graphs (experimental).
* support adding noise at output resolution with -vo gl:noise-strength=8
* experimental support for OpenGL ES 1.0 in -vo gl
* support for PGS (BluRay-compatible), DVB and XSUB subtitles.
* af_cmdline slave command to change e.g. audio equalizer options at runtime.
* vo x11: don't hide or show cursor any more if attached to an existing \
* try reconnecting network streams e.g. after network timeouts
* lots of bug fixes as always (and surely a few new bugs, too :-( )
GUI: Support for the GUI continues.
* numerous fixes, improvements and updates
* UTF-8 support
* all skin messages available as slave commands (gui <message>)
* fancy new icon
* Wine (see DOCS/tech/crosscompile.txt)
* -force-key-frames option to set explicit seek points.
rc4: "Yes We Can"
GUI: Changes towards removing the GUI
* The GUI will no longer display any error or warning messages.
* Special GUI slave commands (gui_*) were removed, along with
the related key bindings.
* YUY2 Lossless Codec (YLC0) via binary DLL
* Truemotion RT codec (TR20) via binary DLL
* Nogantech Codec (NTN1 and NTN2) via binary DLL
* add new FourCCs (m1v1, yuvs, VYUY, Y42B, V422, YUNV, UYNV, UYNY, uyv1,
2Vu1, P422, HDYC, IJLV, MVJP)
TwoCCs (0xA106, 0x6c75, 0xAAC0, 0x55005354)
to existing decoders
* AMR now handled via OpenCORE decoder
* updated Windows Media Screen Codec (MSS1, MSS2) via binary DLL
* CoreAVC H.264 decoder via binary DLL (Windows only)
* Kega Game video codec (KGV1) via binary DLL
* SoftLab-NSK Forward MPEG-2 I-frames (SLIF) via binary DLL
* JPEG 2000 support via OpenJPEG
* internal liba52 copy removed
* CineForm HD (CFHD) via binary DLL
* VP8 en-/decoding through libvpx wrapper and native decoder in FFmpeg
* support for external libmpeg2 added
* hardware MPEG decoder priority lowered
* external libmpg123 support
* Mostly fixed timing issues with some H.264 (PAFF) samples
* Matroska and Ogg demuxers switched to use libavformat by default.
Report issues and use -demuxer ogg and -demuxer mkv to work around them.
* support for TrueHD in Blu-ray streams in libmpdemux
* more Blu-ray codec support with lavf
* fix length in ASF/WMV files
* support ISDB-Tb DVB streams
* remove vf_yuy2, functionality is replaced by -vf format=yuv2
* remove vf_rgb2bgr, functionality is replaced by sws and vf_format
* Support for unencrypted Blu-ray playback through libbluray.
Use it through: mplayer br:////path/to/disc
* -vo yuv4mpeg:interlaced no longer does its own interlaced RGB->YUV
conversion. Use -vf scale=::1 to keep the same behavior and report
if there are any issues with that.
* X11: Window manager chooses Window position by default.
Add geometry=50%:50% to your configuration to get the old behavior.
* -vo md5sum md5 calculation changed so output matches FFmpeg's -f framemd5
* Support for more formats in OpenGL video output drivers (different YUV
subsampling, 16 bit per component)
* Selectable YUV to RGB conversion standard for -vo gl
* -vo gl now tries to use yuv=2 by default if possible
* -vo gl:stereo=... for experimental stereo (3D) support
* -vo matrixview finally added
* add OS/2 KAI audio driver (-ao kai)
* -nosub option for disabling auto-selected subtitles
* support for displaying subs in the terminal (FIXME)
* support for subtitles with audio-only files
* support for right-to-left languages with embedded subtitles
* support for UTF-16 encoded external subtitles
* support for 8 channel audio
* sync dvd:// and dvdnav:// features
* support for MPEG-4 ASP in VDPAU video output (non-B-frame only)
* support for live and non-live DVB teletext with demuxer lavf
* -name, -title and -use-filename-title options for MPlayer
* support for stream handling via FFmpeg, in particular RTMP and RTSP
(use e.g. ffmpeg://http://example.com/test)
* experimental support for external libass, configure with
* better support for 16-bit-per-component formats and formats
with alpha channel
* better out-of-the-box support for compiling for ARM, IA64,
MinGW32 and MinGW-w64, MinGW has ASLR enabled with recent
* libdvdcss synced with upstream Subversion snapshot
* add -tsprog for demuxer lavf
| 2012-03-03 08:21:42 by Steven Drake | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Add missing mk/termcap buildlink to multimedia/mplayer and multimedia/gmplayer