/mplayer, Fast, cross-platform movie player
1.2, Package name:
mplayer-1.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
MPlayer is a movie player for LINUX (runs on many other Unices,
and non-x86 CPUs). It plays most MPEG, VOB, AVI, VIVO, ASF/WMV,
QT/MOV, FLI, RM, NuppelVideo, yuv4mpeg, FILM, RoQ files, supported
by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD,
SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, and even DivX movies too. The another big feature
of mplayer is the wide range of supported output drivers. It works
with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib, DirectFB, but
you can use GGI and SDL (and this way all their drivers) and some
lowlevel card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx, and Radeon) too!
Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can
enjoy movies in fullscreen. It also sports nice big antialiased
shaded subtitles (10 supported types) with european/ISO 8859-1,
2 (hungarian, english, czech, etc), cyrillic, korean fonts, and
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: cdparanoia, dv, dvdnav, dvdread, esound, faad, gif, jpeg, mad, mplayer-menu, mplayer-runtime-cpudetection, nas, oss, png, pulseaudio, sdl, theora, v4l2, vorbis, x264, xvid
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-11-21) Updated to version: mplayer-1.2
- (2015-04-25) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1.1nb7
- (2015-04-05) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1.1nb6
- (2015-02-22) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1.1nb5
- (2014-12-03) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1.1nb4
- (2014-06-27) Updated to version: mplayer-1.1.1nb3
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-21 10:47:23 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (31) | |
Update gmplayer, mencoder, mplayer and mplayer-share to 1.2.
* Various misc fixes (thanks to pkglint)
* Do not pass --with-dvdread-config and --with-dvdnav-config, the
dvdread-config and dvdnav-config seems that no longer exist.
* Avoid to pass --enable-libvorbis otherwise libvorbis can not be recognised by
the mplayer configure script.
* (re)Use patches from multimedia/ffmpeg2 instead of using mplayer-specific
* Hardware accelerated decoding on OS X via VDA.
* Internal libmpeg2 disabled by default, on the assumption
that nobody really needs it anymore.
* "run" slave/keybinding command now supports expanding properties
* better support for > 8 bit formats in -vo gl
* support for XYZ color space in -vo gl
* -vo gl now supports OSD (not EOSD though) with GLES backend.
* GLES backend now uses GLES v2 with YUV support via shaders
* -vo gl supports rotated display without needing video filters via
-monitor-orientation command-line option.
* -vo gl now has an OSX/Cocoa backend, so it should be a better
alternative to -vo corevideo now.
* -vo gl2 renamed to -vo gl_tiled to stop people from assuming it is
better than -vo gl (it is in many ways worse).
* Fixes for DVB, teletext and closed-caption based subtitles.
* Support teletext and CC subtitles in WTV.
* Support binding keys corresponding to non-ASCII characters.
* Limited -endpos support for -dump*
* Danish messages header file renamed from help_mp-dk.h to help_mp-da.h
in order to comply with ISO 639 language code (configure language
options will now require da instead of dk)
* configure: options --enable-gtk1, --with-glib-config= and
* Change ID3 genre name for genre ID 67 from "Psychadelic"
* support for audio bin/cue images
* Windows: support file names as UTF-8 in slave mode and passing
file names as wchar command line arguments.
* Android: MPlayer can be run from adb shell and display videos
via OpenGL ES.
Note that just a bit of seeking etc. would cause reproducible
system reboots after just a few seconds on my Galaxy S2.
* Android: -wid is supported. This should allow using MPlayer in slave
mode, a native window pointer needs to be passed as -wid. Untested.
* Support for TV/DVB
* Various improvements of the context menu and the preferences dialog
* Revision of the user interface texts
* Console message with information on deprecated (but still supported)
entries in the skin configuration file
* New symbol character (r) and new dynamic label variables ($D, $U, $P)
* New items (pimage, rpotmeter)
* Updated skins (avifile, Blue, Blue-small, Clearlooks, Corelian,
disappearer, mentalic, mplayer_red, nativeRed, neutron, phony, plastic,
slim, softgrip, standard, trium, tvisor, xanim)
* Video can be rotated
* New GUI message: evSetRotation
* GUI now officially needs GTK+ and GLib versions 2 (it hadn't compiled
with versions 1 for quite some time)
* Support for audio and video bin/cue image playback
* Support for Audio CD / (Super) Video CD / DVD image and DVD copy playback
through the respective scheme (cd://, vcd://, dvd://)
* Support for arbitrary non-binary data file cue sheets (i.e. cue sheets
describing playlists for data files containing multiple titles)
* Version 2.8 with local patches
Thanks to wiz@ for misc private discussion.
| 2015-04-25 16:23:48 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (868) | |
Recursive revbump following MesaLib update, categories g through n.
| 2015-04-05 10:27:08 by David Sainty | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Build against libdvdnav 5.0 API.
Re-enable the inhibited DVD related options.
Bump PKGREVISION on the principle of least surprise.
| 2015-02-22 10:52:50 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Recursice revbump from pulseaudio.
Thank you, tron@.
| 2014-12-03 16:08:02 by Manuel Bouyer | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Add -mstackrealign -mpreferred-stack-boundary=4 to CFLAGS on i386 for all
gcc 4.x versions. Fix mplayer coredumping on mp4 videos on netbsd-7.
Patch from John D. Baker
Bump PKGREVISION for all affected packages.
| 2014-06-27 17:58:44 by Matthias Drochner | Files touched by this commit (6) |
add patch from ffmpeg to fix the recent LZO integer overflow
| 2014-05-18 06:49:30 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Revbump after updating graphics/giflib
| 2013-11-26 14:11:23 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for json-c. Noted by tron.