/stunnel, Universal SSL tunnel
5.03, Package name:
stunnel-5.03, Maintainer: jym
The stunnel program is designed to work as SSL encryption wrapper
between remote client and local (inetd-startable) or remote server.
The concept is that having non-SSL aware daemons running on your
system you can easily setup them to communicate with clients over
secure SSL channel.
stunnel can be used to add SSL functionality to commonly used inetd
daemons like POP-2, POP-3 and IMAP servers without any changes in
the program code.
Required to run:
] Package options
: inet6, tcpwrappers, threads
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-08-10) Updated to version: stunnel-5.03
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: stunnel-5.01nb1
- (2014-04-29) Updated to version: stunnel-5.01
- (2014-03-11) Updated to version: stunnel-5.00
- (2014-02-12) Updated to version: stunnel-4.56nb1
- (2014-01-26) Updated to version: stunnel-4.56
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-08-10 16:54:12 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 5.03:
Version 5.03, 2014.08.07, urgency: HIGH:
* Security bugfixes
- OpenSSL DLLs updated to version 1.0.1i.
* New features
- FIPS autoconfiguration cleanup.
- FIPS canister updated to version 2.0.6.
- Improved SNI diagnostic logging.
- Compilation fixes for old versions of OpenSSL.
- Fixed whitespace handling in the stunnel.init script.
Version 5.02, 2014.06.09, urgency: HIGH:
* Security bugfixes
- OpenSSL DLLs updated to version 1.0.1h.
* New features
- Major rewrite of the protocol.c interface: it is now possible to add
protocol negotiations at multiple connection phases, protocols can
individually decide whether the remote connection will be
established before or after SSL/TLS is negotiated.
- Heap memory blocks are wiped before release. This only works for
block allocated by stunnel, and not by OpenSSL or other libraries.
- The safe_memcmp() function implemented with execution time not
dependent on the compared data.
- Updated the stunnel.conf and stunnel.init templates.
- Added a client-mode example to the manual.
- Fixed "failover = rr" broken since version 5.00.
- Fixed "taskbar = no" broken since version 5.00.
- Compilation fix for missing SSL_OP_MSIE_SSLV2_RSA_PADDING option.
| 2014-05-30 01:38:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3049) |
Bump for perl-5.20.0.
Do it for all packages that
* mention perl, or
* have a directory name starting with p5-*, or
* depend on a package starting with p5-
like last time, for 5.18, where this didn't lead to complaints.
Let me know if you have any this time.
| 2014-04-29 15:47:45 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 5.01
Version 5.01, unreleased, urgency: HIGH:
* Security bugfixes
- OpenSSL DLLs updated to version 1.0.1g.
This version mitigates TLS heartbeat read overrun (CVE-2014-0160).
* New features
- X.509 extensions added to the created self-signed stunnel.pem.
- "FIPS = no" also allowed in non-FIPS builds of stunnel.
- Search all certificates with the same subject name for a matching
public key rather than only the first one (thx to Leon Winter).
- Create logs in the local application data folder if stunnel folder
is not writable on Win32.
- close_notify not sent when SSL still has some data buffered.
- Protocol negotiation with server-side SNI fixed.
- A Mac OS X missing symbols fixed.
- Win32 configuration file reload crash fixed.
- Added s_pool_free() on exec+connect service retires.
- Line-buffering enforced on stderr output.
| 2014-03-12 01:24:35 by Jean-Yves Migeon | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update stunnel to 5.00.
Of utmost importance: it fixes CVE 2014-0016.
Thanks to jgw (Jeff W) _AT_ sdf.org for working on the same patch
In before the freeze! Changelog follows.
Added PRNG state update in fork threading (CVE-2014-0016).
New global configuration file defaults
Default "fips" option value is now "no", as FIPS \
mode is only helpful for compliance, and never for actual security.
Default "pid" is now "", i.e. not to create a pid \
file at startup.
New service-level configuration file defaults
Default "ciphers" updated to \
"HIGH:MEDIUM:+3DES:+DH:!aNULL:!SSLv2" due to AlFBPPS attack and bad \
performance of DH ciphersuites.
Default "libwrap" setting is now "no" to improve \
OpenSSL DLLs updated to version 1.0.1f.
zlib DLL updated to version 1.2.8.
autoconf scripts upgraded to version 2.69.
TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are now allowed in the FIPS mode.
New service-level option "redirect" to redirect SSL client \
connections on authentication failures instead of rejecting them.
New global "engineDefault" configuration file option to \
control which OpenSSL tasks are delegated to the current engine. Available \
tasks: ALL, RSA, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, DH, RAND, CIPHERS, DIGESTS, PKEY, \
New service-level configuration file option "engineId" to \
select the engine by identifier, e.g. "engineId = capi".
New global configuration file option "log" to control whether \
to append (the default), or to overwrite log file while (re)opening.
Different taskbar icon colors to indicate the service state.
New global configuration file options "iconIdle", \
"iconActive", and "iconError" to select status icon on GUI \
Removed the limit of 63 stunnel.conf sections on Win32 platform.
Installation of a sample certificate was moved to a separate \
"cert" target in order to allow unattended (e.g. scripted) \
Reduced length of the logged thread identifier. It is still based on the \
OS thread ID, and thus not unique over long periods of time.
Improved readability of error messages printed when stunnel refuses to \
start due to a critical error.
LD_PRELOAD Solaris compatibility bug fixed (thx to Norm Jacobs).
CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS replaced with CRYPTO_num_locks() to improve binary \
compatibility with diverse builds of OpenSSL (thx to Norm Jacobs).
Corrected round-robin failover behavior under heavy load.
Numerous fixes in the engine support code.
On Win32 platform .rnd file moved from c:\ to the stunnel folder.
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or
| 2014-02-13 00:18:57 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1568) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for OpenSSL API version bump.
| 2014-01-26 17:59:13 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update "stunnel" package to version 4.56. Changes since 4.55:
- Fixed a regression bug introduced in version 4.55 causing random
crashes on several platforms, including Windows 7.
- Fixed incorrect "stunnel -exit" process synchronisation.
- Fixed FIPS detection with new versions of the OpenSSL library.
- Failure to open the log file at startup is no longer ignored.
| 2014-01-26 16:51:54 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix permissions so taht "etc/stunnel" belongs to the actual \
and not to the user that build the package. Bump package revision
because of this fix.