/apcupsd, UPS power management for APCC Products
3.14.13r2365nb2, Package name:
apcupsd-3.14.13r2365nb2, Maintainer: bouyer
It allows your computer/server to run during power problems
for a specified length of time or the life of the batteries
in your BackUPS, BackUPS Pro, SmartUPS v/s, or SmartUPS, and
then properly executes a controlled shutdown during an
extended power failure.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-28) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.13r2365nb2
- (2016-08-03) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.13r2365nb1
- (2016-01-28) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.13r2365
- (2015-11-18) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.9nb12
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.9nb11
- (2015-06-30) Updated to version: apcupsd-3.14.9nb10
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-28 16:20:12 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (208) |
Recursive revbump from graphics/libwebp
| 2016-08-03 12:23:40 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (1248) | |
Revbump after graphics/gd update
| 2016-03-22 19:56:36 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Help configure to find shutdown on NetBSD where PATH might not contain
| 2016-02-26 11:24:14 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (44) |
| 2016-01-28 16:51:34 by Patrick Welche | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Update apcupsd to 3.14 branch revision r2365
3.14.14 was tagged but not released, 3.14.13 is the last release, hence
- Remove use of BSD USB driver; all platforms except Linux use generic-usb now
- i18n support removed
3.14.14 -- 30 May 2015
* win32: Fix missing DLLs when installing only apctray
* Fixes for socket error handling. Resolves apcaccess crash when connection
fails as well as several other theoretical issues.
* MODBUS/USB error handling (COMMLOST) improvements for faulty USB links
* Fix hiddev binding when usbfs is mounted on /dev/bus/usb instead of
/proc/bus/usb. This is necessary for switching between MODBUS/USB and
USB/HID on Linux.
* Update GPLv2 text and FSF address to match current versions from FSF.
* Various fixes for potential issues suggested by Coverity Scan
3.14.13 -- 02 February 2015
* MODBUS USB support
Previous releases supported MODBUS serial (RS232). This release adds
support for MODBUS over USB. This protocol is preferable to the normal
USB HID driver because it offers access to more UPS data readouts and
controls. The only configuration file change needed versus MODBUS serial
is to change UPSCABLE to usb and use an empty DEVICE setting. See the
MODBUS section of the apcupsd manual for more details.
* Support for Apple Notification Center on Mac OS X (replaces Growl)
* Apple install packages and binaries are signed with an Apple Developer
key for compatibility with Gate Keeper
* Windows USB driver has been updated with additional USB identifiers to
support future APC products.
* Use launchd for startup on Mac OS X as the old Startup Items mechanism is
no longer supported in 10.10 and above
* Fix apcaccess on ARM systems where char is unsigned by default
* Fix several potential issues identified by Coverity static analysis
* Numerous other fixes and improvements all over the code, many of them
submitted by users...Thank you!
* Windows port now builds with the same configure and make system as the
other targets, no need to maintain a special hardcoded Makefile.
* Many cleanups to the Windows port codebase
* Prebuilt binaries for Mac OS X no longer support PowerPC systems or
Mac OS X 10.4 and older
3.14.12 -- 29 March 2014 (Maintenance Release)
* apcaccess and apcupsd status format updates to ease parsing by scripts
* UPS name is included in subject line of emails in default scripts
* Default event scripts pull SYSADMIN and APCUPSD_MAIL definitions from a
common config file so they can easily be configured in one place
* Fix issue with certain Back-UPS USB models repeatedly cycling power on/off
after killpower is issued
* Fix display of battery level during MODBUS calibration
* Fix apctest EEPROM setting on various models
* Close and reopen serial port during extended COMMLOST in apcsmart driver
(helps recover connection when USB serial port dongles are reconnected)
* Avoid probing non-APC USB devices as it can cause lockups
* Fix issue with service failing to start on Windows during boot with USB UPS
* Fix bogus lock file error when config file error forces early termination
* Fix MODBUS NOMOUTV reading for voltages other than 120VAC
* Fix LOADPCT (CI_LOAD) on MODBUS driver
* Fix issue with net driver not reporting MODEL value
3.14.11 -- 31 January 2014 (Maintenance Release)
* MODBUS protocol support
Over the summer, APC publicly released documentation on a new UPS
control and monitoring protocol, loosely referred to as MODBUS (after the
historic industrial control protocol it is based on). The new protocol
operates over RS232 serial lines as well as USB connections and is intended
to supplement APC's proprietary Microlink protocol. Microlink is not going
away, but APC has realized that third parties require access to UPS status
and control information. Rather than publicly open Microlink, they have
created another protocol to operate along side it.
Many existing Microlink UPSes can be upgraded to support MODBUS via a
firmware update. See . Certain older models are not upgradeable. APC
support will be your best contact for determining if your UPS supports a
MODBUS upgrade the information linked below does not make it clear.
For now, apcupsd supports MODBUS over RS232 serial only. It DOES NOT yet
support MODBUS over USB. See the apcupsd manual for information on
setting up apcupsd.conf for MODBUS UPSes.
http://www.schneider-electric.us/suppor … d=FA164737
* Windows USB driver is now digitally signed thanks to Jernej Simoncic
3.14.10 -- 13 September 2011 (Maintenance Release)
* Fix missing status and spurrious incorrect status on newer BackUPS CS
models using USB interface.
* USB compatibility fixes for Mac OS X Lion
* USB driver support for newer Microlink models on Mac OS X Lion and Windows
* Ignore transitions to battery due to calibration (possible if user
initiates calibration, then exits apctest and starts apcupsd before
* Fix truncation of long UPS model names such as "Smart-UPS RT 5000 XL"
* Fix MODEL vs. APCMODEL confusion. Remove APCMODEL and rename old MODEL
aka 'mode' to DRIVER.
| 2015-11-18 15:19:56 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (141) |
Recursive revbump from multimedia/libvpx
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-18 09:31:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (282) |
Bump all packages that depend on curses.bui* or terminfo.bui* since they
might incur ncurses dependencies on some platforms, and ncurses just bumped
Some packages were bumped twice now, sorry for that.