/smartmontools, Control and monitor storage systems using SMART
6.2nb2, Package name:
smartmontools-6.2nb2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
The smartmontools package contains two utility programs (smartctl
and smartd) to control and monitor storage systems using the
Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System (SMART)
built into most modern ATA and SCSI hard disks. In many cases,
these utilities will provide advanced warning of disk degradation
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-10-10) Updated to version: smartmontools-6.2nb2
- (2013-12-03) Updated to version: smartmontools-6.2nb1
- (2013-08-20) Updated to version: smartmontools-6.2
- (2012-07-20) Updated to version: smartmontools-5.40nb1
- (2010-11-13) Updated to version: smartmontools-5.40
- (2010-10-26) Updated to version: smartmontools-5.38nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-10-10 15:22:58 by Patrick Welche | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Use REAL_ROOT_... rather than ROOT_... when installing smartd_warning.sh
as explained by fhajny@ and joerg@ on pkgsrc-users.
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163) |
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or
| 2013-12-02 23:26:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Install the script that generates warning mail messages. From Petar Bogdanovic \
in private mail.
| 2013-08-20 13:07:13 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update to 6.2 and reset maintainer. Selected changes:
- Support for ATA Long Logical/Physical Sectors (LLS/LPS).
- smartctl option '-f brief' to select new attribute output
format which includes more flags and fits in 80 columns.
- smartctl options '-g, --get' and '-s, --set' to get/set
various ATA settings: AAM, APM, Read look-ahead, Write
cache, Security (freeze), Standby mode/timer.
- smartd resends warning emails if problem reappears.
- smartd warning emails include device identify info.
- 'update-smart-drivedb' does no longer require GNU sed.
- Linux and FreeBSD: Support for SATA/SAS disks behind Areca SAS
- Many HDD, SSD and USB additions to drive database.
http://sourceforge.net/p/smartmontools/ … tools/NEWS
| 2012-10-23 21:51:39 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (447) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-07-20 14:35:00 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Use a raw disk device file on NetBSD.
| 2012-03-10 14:20:12 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (11) |