/R-entropy, Estimation of Entropy, Mutual Information and Related Quantities
1.2.1, Package name:
R-entropy-1.2.1, Maintainer: mishka
R implementation of various estimators of entropy, such as the
shrinkage estimator by Hausser and Strimmer, the maximum likelihood
and the Millow-Madow estimator, various Bayesian estimators, and
the Chao-Shen estimator. It also offers an R interface to the NSB
estimator. Furthermore, it provides functions for estimating
Kullback-Leibler divergence, chi2-squared, mutual information, and
chi2-squared statistic of independence. In addition there are
functions for discretizing continuous random variables.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand)
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-21) Updated to version: R-entropy-1.2.1
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-09-07) Package has been reborn
- (2015-09-07) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-11-22 12:41:46 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update R-entropy to version 1.2.0.
CHANGES IN `entropy' PACKAGE VERSION 1.2.0
* new functions KL.plugin(), KL.empirical(), Kl.Dirichlet(), and
KL.shrink() for computing the Kullback-Leibler divergence.
* new functions chi2.plugin(), chi2.empirical(), chi2.Dirichlet(), and
chi2.shrink() for computing the chi-squared statistic.
* new functions chi2indep.plugin(), chi2indep.empirical(),
chi2indep.Dirichlet(), and chi2indep.shrink() for computing the
chi-squared statistic of independence.
* new discretize2d() function for simple binning of a pair of random
* in all shrinkage functions the target option has been removed (and
the default uniform target is now always used).
CHANGES IN `entropy' PACKAGE VERSION 1.1.9
* new discretize() function for simple binning of a continuous random
* now requires R >= 2.15.1.
CHANGES IN `entropy' PACKAGE VERSION 1.1.8
* License file removed.
* Dependencies updated.
* the functions freqs.shrink(), entropy.shrink(), mi.shrink(),
entropy(), and freqs() now allow to specify the shrinkage intensity.
| 2013-03-19 02:22:55 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (17) |
Move LICENSE right below COMMENT, that's where it usually should be.
Noted by <wiz> - thank you very much!
| 2012-08-30 21:03:42 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (10) |
Cleanup Makefiles and get them ready to import.
| 2012-07-18 13:14:48 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (10) |
Set R dependency version to what actually required the library.
| 2012-07-18 01:43:43 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (13) |
Take responsibility for all that R stuff I imported so far.
| 2012-06-21 23:03:06 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to entropy 1.1.7.
The change only: NAMESPACE file added.
| 2012-06-13 07:00:28 by othyro | Files touched by this commit (1) |
+LICENSE. Passes pkglint.
| 2011-04-02 21:42:42 by Mike M. Volokhov | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Oops, new entropy package has been released a week ago - update.
* small in documentation file fixed (for R 2.13.0 release)
* added in documentation that the default unit for the entropy
is "nats" (natural units), for "bits" one needs to set \