/py-pdfrw, PDF file reader/writer pure Python library
0.2, Package name:
py27-pdfrw-0.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
pdfrw is a Python library and utility that reads and writes PDF files:
* Version 0.2 is tested and works on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, and 3.4.
* Operations include subsetting, merging, rotating, modifying metadata, etc.
* The fastest pure Python PDF parser available
* Has been used for years by a printer in pre-press production
* Can be used with rst2pdf to faithfully reproduce vector images
* Can be used either standalone, or in conjunction with reportlab to reuse
existing PDFs in new ones
* Permissively licensed
pdfrw will faithfully reproduce vector formats without rasterization, so the
rst2pdf package has used pdfrw for PDF and SVG images by default since March
pdfrw can also be used in conjunction with reportlab, in order to re-use
portions of existing PDFs in new PDFs created with reportlab.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2016-01-12) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version py27-pdfrw-0.2 (created)