/thin, Fast and very simple Ruby web server
1.6.2, Package name:
ruby200-thin-1.6.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Thin is a very simple web server written in Ruby. It's single-threaded,
which means it can only serve one request at a time. This simplicity
affords increased speed and decreased memory usage for singled-threaded
framework like Rails.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-03-14) Updated to version: ruby200-thin-1.6.2
- (2013-09-15) Updated to version: ruby193-thin-1.5.1
- (2012-12-17) Updated to version: ruby193-thin-1.5.0
- (2012-09-17) Updated to version: ruby193-thin-1.4.1
- (2011-12-16) Updated to version: ruby19-thin-1.3.1
- (2011-06-19) Updated to version: ruby18-thin-1.2.11
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-03-14 20:31:19 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update thin to 1.6.2.
== 1.6.2 Doc Brown
* No longer replace response's body on HEAD request. Ensuring body.close will \
* Remove `---ssl-verify` option as EventMachine doesn't verify the certificate.
* Fix env['rack.peer_cert'] to return SSL certifcate.
== 1.6.1 Death Proof
* Regression: Default logger to STDOUT when using outside of CLI.
* Regression: Downgrade Rack required version back to 1.0 to work w/ prior \
== 1.6.0 Greek Yogurt
* Accept absolute URL in request line, eg.: 'GET http://site.com/he/lo HTTP/1.1'.
* HEAD request no longer return a body in the response.
* No longer stop EventMachine's reactor loop unless it was started by Thin.
* Make request env keys upcasing locale-agnostic.
* Use Ruby's `Logger` for logging. [Akshay Moghe].
The logger can now be set using `Thin::Logging.logger=`.
Tracing of request is handled by a second logger, `Thin::Logging.trace_logger=`.
* Add --threadpool-size option to configure EM's thread pool size (default: 20).
* Pipelining is no longer supported.
| 2014-03-13 12:08:54 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (67) |
Set USE_GCC_RUNTIME=yes for packages which build shared libraries but do
not use libtool to do so. This is required to correctly depend upon a
gcc runtime package (e.g. gcc47-libs) when using USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME.
| 2013-09-15 19:59:44 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update thin to 1.5.1.
== 1.5.1 Straight Razor
* Fix issue when running as another user/group without a PID file.
* Allow overriding Connection & Server response headers.
* Update vlad example [Mathieu Lemoine]
* Keep connections in a Hash to speedup deletion [slivu]
* Force kill using already known pid. Prevents "thin stop" from leaving
a process that removed its pid file, but is still running (e.g. hung
on some at_exit callback) [Michal Kwiatkowski]
| 2012-12-17 16:56:43 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update thin to 1.5.0.
== 1.5.0 Knife
* Fix compilation under Ubuntu 12.04 with -Werror=format-security option.
* Raise an error when no PID file.
* Prevent duplicate response headers.
* Make proper response on exception [MasterLambaster].
* Automatically close idling pipeline connections on server stop [MasterLambaster].
| 2012-09-16 15:40:12 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update thin to 1.4.1.
== 1.4.1 Chromeo Fix
* Fix error when sending USR1 signal and no log file is supplied.
== 1.4.0 Chromeo
* kill -USR1 $PID for log rotation [catwell].
* Fix HUP signal being reseted after deamonization [atotic].
* Fix error with nil addresses in Connection#socket_address.
== 1.3.2 Low-bar Squat
* Remove mack and halcyon Rack adapters from automatic detection.
| 2011-12-16 13:43:09 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update thin pacakge to 1.3.1.
== 1.3.1 Triple Espresso
* Fix service not working pre 1.9.
== 1.3.0 Double Espresso
* BREAKING CHANGE: Thin no longer ships with fat Windows binaries.
From now on, to install on Windows, install \
https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstall … pment-Kit.
* BREAKING CHANGE: Remove automatic Content-Length setting.
It is now the responsibility of the app (or a middleware) to set the \
* Log errors to STDERR [textgoeshere]
* Shut down gracefully when receiving SIGTERM [ddollar]
Processes are allowed a chance to shut down gracefully when receiving
On Heroku, when shutting down a process, we send a SIGTERM followed 10
seconds later with a SIGKILL, similar to the behavior of the init daemon
on most Unix systems. This patch will allow Heroku apps to shut down
gracefully when they need to be terminated / moved.
| 2011-06-19 10:08:33 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update thin pacakge to 1.2.11.
== 1.2.11 Bat-Shit Crazy
* Fix pure Ruby gem to not include binary.
== 1.2.10 I'm dumb (BAD RELEASE, DON'T USE)
* I really am (bad release fix)
== 1.2.9 Black Keys Extra Plus Wow (BAD RELEASE, DON'T USE)
* Improve fat binary loading.
== 1.2.8 Black Keys
* Allow the connection to remain open for 1xx statuses [timshadel]
Both the 100 and 101 status codes require that the connection to the
server remain open. The 100 status code is used to tell the client that
the server is still receiving its request, and will continue to read
request input on the connection. The 101 status code is used to upgrade
the existing connection to another protocol, and specifically is NOT
used to upgrade a separate connection. Therefore, the connection must
remain open after this response in order to facilitate that.
* Accept IE7 badly encoded URL (eg.: %uEEEE)
* Fix gemspec to work w/ Bundler [smparkes]
* Add SSL support [tmm1]
* Catch Errno::EPERM in Process.running? [Tony Kemp]
On some systems (e.g. OpenBSD) you receive an EPERM exception if
you try to Process.getpgid on a process you do not own (even if you
are root). But it does mean that the process exists, so return true.
* Fix Rails version check that select which Rack adapter to use. Was using CGI \
adapter in Rails 3.
* Ignore SIGHUP when no restart block is given
* Add SSL options to thin command line tool [goldmann]
--ssl Enables SSL
--ssl-key-file PATH Path to private key
--ssl-cert-file PATH Path to certificate
--ssl-verify Enables SSL certificate verification
* Expose peer SSL certificate in env (rack.peer_cert) [fd]
* Adjusting unix socket permissions to be more open [mbj]
| 2011-02-21 17:01:24 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (80) | |
Bump PKGREVISION due to ABI change of ruby18-base.