/gtk3, GIMP Toolkit v3 - libraries for building X11 user interfaces
3.16.3, Package name:
gtk3+-3.16.3, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
This package contains GTK+ 3.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: gtk3-atk-bridge, x11
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-06-15) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.16.3
- (2015-06-13) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.14.5nb4
- (2015-04-25) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.14.5nb3
- (2015-01-10) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.14.5nb2
- (2015-01-09) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.14.5nb1
- (2014-11-11) Updated to version: gtk3+-3.14.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-06-30 15:10:24 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Force use of pkgsrc's xgettext since we can't tell if the native one is
built with Glade support or not. As discussed on tech-pkg@ recently.
Also ensure the tools get linked.
| 2015-06-30 11:39:49 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
revert previous change to fix the build, looks like an accidental commit
| 2015-06-29 13:06:49 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (47) |
Rename MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_JP to MASTER_SITE_OSDN.
sourceforge.jp is renamed to osdn.jp.
However its mirror sites are not ready for osdn.jp.
| 2015-06-16 11:20:33 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Update some minimum versions in requirements.
atk bump requested by David H. Gutteridge in PR 49976.
| 2015-06-15 03:39:06 by Patrick Welche | Files touched by this commit (1) |
gtk3 needs the version of libepoxy which hunts for just libGL.so.
| 2015-06-15 03:24:39 by Patrick Welche | Files touched by this commit (1) |
gtk3 needs a gettext which understands Glade, i.e., one which depends
on expat. (Thanks to ryoon for tools hint.)
| 2015-06-15 01:58:20 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix build under NetBSD.
xgettext 0.18.3 or later is required.
Add gettext-tools to TOOL_DEPENDS.
| 2015-06-15 00:02:08 by Patrick Welche | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update gtk3 to 3.16.3
It now has a hard dependency on libepoxy, and provides gtk-icon-update-cache.
Highlights from release notes:
* Improve client-side decorations without a compositor
* Theming: Fixes for the HighContrast theme
- Improve accessible names
- Always follow state changes, the ::follow-state property
is now ignored. This is necessary to make HighContrast
and symbolic icons remain visible e.g. in selected rows.
- Rework the size allocation code to be less arcane. This
changed the semantics of the get_frame_size() vfunc. GtkEntry
subclasses that override this vfunc may need adjustment.
* Go back to requiring GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS support for CSD,
to fix shadow problems in KDE.
- Don't start search too eagerly
- Use fts with tracker
- Make tracker queries more similar to nautilus
- Improve window dragging on header bars
- Make avahi-browsed printers work
- Set printer state correctly
- Support hi-dpi cursors
- Exit cleanly if the compositor goes away
- Don't ignore early maximization/fullscreening
- Make subsurface popovers work under Weston
- DND fixes
- Port GdkGears example to modern OpenGL
- Avoid 'jumping' when zoom scrolling kicks in
- Make zoom scrolling less easy to trigger
- Make steppers use smooth autoscrolling
- Ensure indicators appear in the correct place
* Input methods can now be turned off entirely, which
can be useful to free up the Ctrl-Shift-u shortcut
* Add some DND support to gtk3-icon-browser
- Support animated font weight changes
- has a map/unmap animation now
* GtkListBox now supports models with gtk_list_box_bind_model
* GtkNotebook has a new function to support tab dnd
* GtkSidebar was renamed to GtkStackSidebar to better convey what it does
* GtkFileChooser now has a location column for search
* GdkGLProfile has been removed
* GTK+ types now support the GLib g_autoptr() facility for
automatic cleanup of automatic variables. GTK+ itself does
not use g_autoptr() internally.
* GtkSearchEntry has gained ::next-match, ::previous-match
and ::stop-search signals and a gtk_search_entry_handle_event()
function, which help in providing a richer search experience
and make search entries usable outside of GtkSearchBar.
- The search has been reintegrated in the UI, there is now
a toggle button on the header bar to go to search mode,
in addition to the Alt-S shortcut.
- The file chooser button now accepts files by drag-and-drop properly.
* GtkScrolledWindow has gained a new ::edge-reached signal, which
triggers when the edge of the scrollable area is reached.
- Performance improvements
- It is now possible to specify the required GL version, as well
as some other options (debug, forward compatible) when creating
- Support for the OpenGL legacy profile has been dropped. Most examples
have been updated, with the exception of gdkgears, which will be fixed
in the next snapshot
- Use shader version 1.50
- Allow to customize multi-click behaviors, using the new
- Selection can now be extended by scrolling
- Better behavior and appearance for text selection with touch
- Use app menu fallback with ssh connections
- Provide a mechanism to hide unnecessary app menu items
on OS X, so a single menu file can be used across platforms
- Show other months in a different color under Adwaita again
- Ensure we always show a bit of the other month on both ends
- Make overlay scrollbars more dynamic
- Make bookmark DND insert at the right location
- Make '~' and '/' work in recent mode
- Make Ctrl-L work in recent mode
- Re-integrate search
- Introduce immutable style nodes
- Performance improvements
- Reduced memory consumption
- Add a magnifier for the selected widget
- Show more display information
- Show memory address of objects
- Use subsurfaces for popovers, so popovers can extend beyond the
- Prefer the Wayland backend over X11 if both are available
- Fix interaction with hi-dpi
- Add OpenGL support to the Windows backend
- Font fallback and letter spacing can be controlled with tags now
- Pango markup can be inserted in text buffers
* GtkEntry now has API to grab focus without selecting the contents
* GtkWindow now starts from the focused widget when looking for
actions that are activated by accelerators
* GtkScrolledWindow draws an indication where an edge if hiding
some content that can be scrolled in
* GtkStack has gained GtkNotebook-like focus handling
- Support :not() in CSS
- GtkRange now supports :hover for the whole widget
- The HighContrast theme has caught up with some never GTK+ features
- Avoid excessive shadow redraws
- gtk3-update-icon-cache is no longer used at build time, and the
--enable-gtk2-dependency configure option has been removed
- The examples that are used in the documentation can now be built
- Allow extension with loadable modules, the first use for this
- Allow testing cursor theme changes
* GtkPopoverMenu: A GtkPopover subclass that makes it easy
to manually build menu-like popovers which can include
* GtkModelButton: A button widget that is optimized for
use inside popovers with a GAction as 'model'.
* GL support:
- Try harder to pick good visuals
- Rework the way GL rendering is done in GtkGLArea
- Support input events in GtkGLArea
- Use shaders
- The GDK_GL environment variable can be used for debugging
- Make picking widgets work in Wayland
- Rework search in all pages
- Improve space use
- Support GL information and debug flags
- Shield the inspector window from more debug settings
- Hide empty tabs
- Include the HighContrast theme
- Add borders to menus in non-composited environments
- Load themes from versioned directories like
- Make window opacity work
- Propagate clipboard owner changes
- Improved event handling
- Support cursors
- Enable CSD
- Better monitor support
- Add OpenGL support
* An experimental mir backend has been added.
Use --enable-mir-backend to build it.
- Show more information
- Use a separate display connection
* GDK supports rendering windows using OpenGL; currently
this is implemented for X11 and Wayland using libepoxy
* GtkGLArea: A new widget for rendering with OpenGL
* GtkSidebar: A new switcher for GtkStack that looks like
* Better typography: In many places, we now use proper Unicode
characters for dashes, quotes, multiplication signs and the
like, instead of ASCII approximations
- Context menus use the default font instead of inheriting from
the widget they are attached to
- Theming engines are no longer used
- Backdrop style has been fine-tuned to make the difference to
the active window more evident without affecting readability
- Show nested tree models
- Add a checkbox to disable the warning dialog
- Rearrange the UI to gain space
- Show object counts
* GtkTextView has a monospace property
* GtkPaned has a wide-handle property
- Has improved appearance without headerbars
- Better rendering of sheet icons
- No more missing icons
- A new policy, GTK_POLICY_EXTERNAL, which allows scrolling
without showing a scrollbar
- Scroll events can now overshoot as well
- The new signal ::edge-overshot is emitted when the scrolled
window is fully overshot
- Scrollbars will be overlayed as narrow indicators when
there is no mouse
Plus many bug fixes and translation updates.
For full details see: