/py-pip, Installs Python packages as an easy_install replacement
9.0.1, Package name:
py27-pip-9.0.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
pip is a replacement for easy_install. It uses mostly the same
techniques for finding packages, so packages that were made
easy_installable should be pip-installable as well.
pip is meant to improve on easy_install. Some of the improvements:
* All packages are downloaded before installation.
Partially-completed installation doesn't occur as a result.
* Care is taken to present useful output on the console.
* The reasons for actions are kept track of. For instance, if
a package is being installed, pip keeps track of why that package
* Error messages should be useful.
* The code is relatively concise and cohesive, making it easier
to use programmatically.
* Packages don't have to be installed as egg archives, they can
be installed flat (while keeping the egg metadata).
* Native support for other version control systems (Git, Mercurial
* Uninstallation of packages.
* Simple to define fixed sets of requirements and reliably
reproduce a set of packages.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-12-24) Updated to version: py27-pip-9.0.1
- (2016-11-06) Updated to version: py27-pip-9.0.0
- (2016-08-29) Updated to version: py27-pip-8.1.2
- (2015-10-02) Updated to version: py27-pip-7.1.2
- (2015-07-04) Updated to version: py27-pip-1.5.6nb1
- (2014-06-01) Updated to version: py27-pip-1.5.6
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-08 00:42:04 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add comment why test target won't work.
| 2016-12-23 20:12:38 by Jaromir Dolecek | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update py-pip to 9.0.1
* Correct the deprecation message when not specifying a --format
so that it uses the correct setting name (format) rather than the
incorrect one (list_format) (#4058).
* Fix pip check to check all available distributions and not just the local
* Fix a crash on non ASCII characters from lsb_release (#4062).
* Fix an SyntaxError in an an used module of a vendored dependency (#4059).
* Fix UNC paths on Windows (#4064).
| 2016-11-06 01:32:12 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 9.0.0
BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Remove the attempted autodetection of requirement \
names from URLs, URLs must include a name via #egg=.
DEPRECATION pip install --egg have been deprecated and will be removed in \
the future. This "feature" has a long list of drawbacks where it \
breaks almost all of pip's other features in subtle and hard to diagnose ways.
Add a pip check command to check installed packages dependencies (PR #3750).
Added option to allow user to abort pip operation if file/directory exists
Added Appveyor CI
Uninstall existing packages when performing an editable installation of the \
same packages (#1548).
Pip show is less verbose by default. --verbose prints multiline fields. (PR \
Added optional column formatting to pip list (#3651).
Add --not-required option to pip list to list packages that are not \
dependencies of other packages.
Fix the build on systems with symlinked /tmp directory for custom builds \
such as numpy (PR #3701).
Fix regression in pip freeze: when there is more than one git remote, \
priority is given to the remote named origin (PR #3708, #3616).
Fix crash when calling pip freeze with invalid requirement installed (PR \
Support multiple --requirement files in pip freeze (PR #3703).
Implementation of pep-503 data-requires-python. When this field is present \
for a release link, pip will ignore the download when installing to a Python \
version that doesn't satisfy the requirement.
Pip wheel now works on editable packages too (it was only working on \
editable dependencies before); this allows running pip wheel on the result of \
pip freeze in presence of editable requirements (PR #3695, #3291).
Load credentials from .netrc files (PR #3715, #3569).
Add --platform, --python-version, --implementation and --abi parameters to \
pip download. These allow utilities and advanced users to gather distributions \
for interpreters other than the one pip is being run on. (PR #3760)
Skip scanning virtual environments even when venv/bin/python is a dangling \
Added pip completion support for fish shell.
Fix problems on Windows on Python 2 when username or hostname contains \
non-ASCII characters (#3463, PR #3970, PR #4000).
Use git fetch --tags to fetch tags in addition to everything else that is \
normally fetched; this is necessary in case a git requirement url points to a \
tag or commit that is not on a branch (PR #3791)
Normalize package names before using in pip show (#3976)
Raise when Requires-Python do not match the running version and add \
--ignore-requires-python option as escape hatch (PR #3846).
Report the correct installed version when performing an upgrade in some \
corner cases (#2382)
Add -i shorthand for --index flag in pip search
Do not optionally load C dependencies in requests (#1840, #2930, #3024)
Strip authentication from SVN url prior to passing it into svn (PR #3697, #3209).
Also install in platlib with --target option (PR #3694, #3682).
Restore the ability to use inline comments in requirements files passed to \
pip freeze (#3680).
Deprecate --default-vcs option (#4052).
| 2016-08-28 17:48:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (112) |
Remove unnecessary PLIST_SUBST and FILES_SUBST that are now provided
by the infrastructure.
Mark a couple more packages as not ready for python-3.x.
| 2016-08-27 16:52:53 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix PLIST for python != 2.7
| 2016-08-27 13:41:23 by Richard PALO | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
update to py-pip-8.1.2
CHANGES since previous pkgsrc version:
* Don't attempt to wrap search results for extremely narrow terminal windows
* Fix regression with non-ascii requirement files on Python 2 and add support
for encoding headers in requirement files (:issue:`3548`, :pull:`3547`).
* Implement PEP 513, which adds support for the manylinux1 platform tag,
allowing carefully compiled binary wheels to be installed on compatible Linux
* Allow wheels which are not specific to a particular Python interpreter but
which are specific to a particular platform (:issue:`3202`).
* Fixed an issue where ``call_subprocess`` would crash trying to print debug
data on child process failure (:issue:`3521`, :pull:`3522`).
* Exclude the wheel package from the `pip freeze` output (like pip and setuptools).
* Allow installing modules from a subdirectory of a vcs repository
in non-editable mode (:issue:`3217`, :pull:`3466`).
* Make pip wheel and pip download work with vcs urls with subdirectory option
* Show classifiers in ``pip show``.
* Show PEP376 Installer in ``pip show`` (:issue:`3517`).
* Unhide completion command (:pull:`1810`).
* Show latest version number in ``pip search`` results (:pull:`1415`).
* Decode requirement files according to their BOM if present (:pull:`3485`,
* Fix and deprecate package name detection from url path (:issue:`3523` and
* Correct the behavior where interpreter specific tags (such as cp34) were
being used on later versions of the same interprter instead of only for that
specific interpreter (:issue:`3472`).
* Fix an issue where pip would erroneously install a 64 bit wheel on a 32 bit
Python running on a 64 bit OS X machine.
* Do not assume that all git repositories have an origin remote.
* Correctly display the line to add to a requirements.txt for an URL based
dependency when ``--require-hashes`` is enabled.
* Make ``install --quiet`` really quiet. See :issue:`3418`.
* Fix a bug when removing packages in python 3: disable INI-style parsing of the
entry_point.txt file to allow entry point names with colons (:pull:`3434`)
* Normalize generated script files path in RECORD files. (:pull:`3448`)
* Fix bug introduced in 8.0.0 where subcommand output was not shown,
even when the user specified ``-v`` / ``--verbose``. :issue:`3486`.
* Enable python -W with respect to PipDeprecationWarning. (:pull:`3455`)
* Upgrade distlib to 0.2.2 (fix :issue:`3467`):
* Improved support for Jython when quoting executables in output scripts.
* Add a `--all` option to `pip freeze` to include usually skipped package
(like pip, setuptools and wheel) to the freeze output. :issue:`1610`.
* Stop attempting to trust the system CA trust store because it's extremely
common for them to be broken, often in incompatible ways. See :pull:`3416`.
* Detect CAPaths in addition to CAFiles on platforms that provide them.
* Installing argparse or wsgiref will no longer warn or error - pip will allow
the installation even though it may be useless (since the installed thing
will be shadowed by the standard library).
* Upgrading a distutils installed item that is installed outside of a virtual
environment, while inside of a virtual environment will no longer warn or
* Fix a bug where pre-releases were showing up in ``pip list --outdated``
without the ``--pre`` flag.
* Switch the SOABI emulation from using RuntimeWarnings to debug logging.
* Rollback the removal of the ability to uninstall distutils installed items
until a future date.
* **BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE** Drop support for Python 3.2.
* **BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE** Remove the ability to find any files other than the
ones directly linked from the index or find-links pages.
* **BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE** Remove the ``--download-cache`` which had been
deprecated and no-op'd in 6.0.
* **BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE** Remove the ``--log-explicit-levels`` which had been
deprecated in 6.0.
* **BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE** Change pip wheel --wheel-dir default path from
<cwd>/wheelhouse to <cwd>.
* Deprecate and no-op the ``--allow-external``, ``--allow-all-external``, and
``--allow-unverified`` functionality that was added as part of PEP 438. With
changes made to the repository protocol made in PEP 470, these options are no
* Allow ``--trusted-host`` within a requirements file. :issue:`2822`.
* Allow ``--process-dependency-links`` within a requirements file. :issue:`1274`.
* Allow ``--pre`` within a requirements file. :issue:`1273`.
* Allow repository URLs with secure transports to count as trusted. (E.g.,
"git+ssh" is okay.) :issue:`2811`.
* Implement a top-level ``pip download`` command and deprecate
``pip install --download``.
* Fixed :issue:`3141`, when uninstalling, look for the case of paths containing
symlinked directories (:pull:`3154`)
* When installing, if building a wheel fails, clear up the build directory
before falling back to a source install. :issue:`3047`.
* Fix user directory expansion when ``HOME=/``. Workaround for Python bug
http://bugs.python.org/issue14768, reported in :issue:`2996`.
* Fixed :issue:`3009`, correct reporting of requirements file line numbers
* Fixed :issue:`1062`, Exception(IOError) for ``pip freeze`` and ``pip list``
commands with subversion >= 1.7. (:pull:`3346`)
* Provide a spinner showing that progress is happening when installing or
building a package via ``setup.py``. This will alleviate concerns that
projects with unusually long build times have with pip appearing to stall.
* Include the functionality of ``peep`` into pip, allowing hashes to be baked
into a requirements file and ensuring that the packages being downloaded
match one of those hashes. This is an additional, opt-in security measure
that, when used, removes the need to trust the repository.
* Fix a bug causing pip to not select a wheel compiled against an OSX SDK later
than what Python itself was compiled against when running on a newer version
* Add a new ``--prefix`` option for ``pip install`` that supports wheels and
* Fixed :issue:`2042` regarding wheel building with setup.py using a different
encoding than the system.
* Drop PasteScript specific egg_info hack. (:pull:`3270`)
* Allow combination of pip list options --editable with --outdated/--uptodate.
* Gives VCS implementations control over saying whether a project
is under their control (:pull:`3258`)
* Git detection now works when ``setup.py`` is not at the Git repo root
and when ``package_dir`` is used, so ``pip freeze`` works in more
* Correctly freeze Git develop packages in presence of the &subdirectory
* The detection of editable packages now relies on the presence of ``.egg-link``
instead of looking for a VCS, so ``pip list -e`` is more reliable
* Add the ``--prefix`` flag to ``pip install`` which allows specifying a root
prefix to use instead of ``sys.prefix`` (:pull:`3252`).
* Allow duplicate specifications in the case that only the extras differ, and
union all specified extras together (:pull:`3198`).
* Fix the detection of the user's current platform on OSX when determining the
OSX SDK version (:pull:`3232`).
* Prevent the automatically built wheels from mistakenly being used across
multiple versions of Python when they may not be correctly configured for
that by making the wheel specific to a specific version of Python and
specific interpreter (:pull:`3225`).
* Emulate the SOABI support in wheels from Python 2.x on Python 2.x as closely
as we can with the information available within the interpreter
* Don't roundtrip to the network when git is pinned to a specific commit hash
and that hash already exists locally (:pull:`3066`).
* Prefer wheels built against a newer SDK to wheels built against an older SDK
on OSX (:pull:`3163`).
* Show entry points for projects installed via wheel (:pull:`3122`).
* Improve message when an unexisting path is passed to --find-links option
* pip freeze does not add the VCS branch/tag name in the #egg=... fragment anymore
* Warn on installation of editable if the provided #egg=name part does not
match the metadata produced by `setup.py egg_info`. :issue:`3143`.
* Add support for .xz files for python versions supporting them (>= 3.3).
| 2016-06-08 19:43:49 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (356) |
Switch to MASTER_SITES_PYPI.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.