/syslog-ng-smtp, Highly portable log management solution
3.8.1, Package name:
syslog-ng-smtp-3.8.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Syslog-ng tries to fill the gaps original syslogd's were lacking:
* powerful configurability
* filtering based on message content
* message integrity, message encryption
* better network forwarding
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-08-22) Updated to version: syslog-ng-smtp-3.8.1
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: syslog-ng-smtp-3.7.2nb1
- (2015-11-01) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version syslog-ng-smtp-3.7.2 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-08-21 22:18:30 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Update sysutils/syslog-ng and modules to 3.8.1.
- Kafka-client updated to version to 0.9.0.0
- Minimal required version of hiredis is set to 0.11.0 to avoid
- Minimal version of libdbi is set to 0.9.0
Improvements and features
- Added the long-waited disk-buffer.
- date-parser ported from incubator to upstream
- New template functions: min, max, sum, average
- Added Apache-accesslog-parser
- Added loggly destination
- Added logmatic destination
- Added template function for supporting CEF.
- cURL-based HTTP destination driver added (implemented in C
- SELinux policy installer script now has support for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux/CentOS/ Oracle Linux 5, 6 and 7.
- Implemented add-contextual-data: With add-context-data syslog-ng
can use an external database file to append custom name-value
pairs on incoming logs (to enrich messages).
Program destination/source drivers
- Added inherit-environment configuration option to program source
- Added keep-alive option to program destination (afprog).
- HTTP destination: Added the ability to use templates in both url
- ElasticSearch Destination driver: Support 2.2.x series of
ElasticSearch (transport and node mode).
MongoDB destination driver
- Replaced submodule limongo-client with mongo-c-driver.
- Additional support for previous syntax used by libmongo-client
before we started using mongo-c-driver and its URI syntax
Riemann destination driver
- Use cert-file() and key-file() options to match afsocket
keywords as the same way as afsocket drivers use these options.
- Introduced template options in rewrite rules.
- Added unset operation to make it possible to unset a specific
name-value pair for a logmessage.
- kvformat: make it possible to specify name-value separator
- linux-audit-scanner: recognize a0-a9* as fields to be decoded
- csv-parser has been refactored, extended with new dialect and
- added groupingby() parser that can perform simple correlation on
- added create-context action
- Added NLSTRING parser that captures a string until the following
- syslog-debun (debug bundle script for syslog-ng) has been
- geoip-parser: When default database if not specified, syslog-ng
- Added support for multiple drivers with the same name in
- Fixed aack counting logic for junctions that have branches that
modify the LogMessage.
- Fixed a potential crash for code that uses log_msg_clear() in
production (e.g. syslog-parser()).
- Fixed potential crash in reload logic
- system(): use string comparison instead of numeric in PID
- Support encoding on glib compiled with libiconv
- pdbtool: Fix the ordering of the debug-info list in PatternDB
- afprog: Don't kill our own process group
- Handle option names with hyphen (-) characters in java scls
- dnscache performance improved
- Fixed IPv6 parser in patterndb.
- Fixed journald program name flapping
- Fixed create-dirs() inheritance in file destinations
- Fixed pass-unix-credentials() global inheritance in afunix
- Fixed create-dirs() global inheritance in afunix
- Fixed byteorder handling on bigendian systems in netmask6 filter
- Fixed flow-control issue when overflow queue is full (suspending
source by setting the window size to 0).
- Log HTTP response error codes in HTTPDestination (Java).
- Fixed potential leaks related $(sanitize) argument parsing in
- Fixed a memory leak in python debugger
- Fixed a use-after-free bug in templates.
- Fixed a memory leak around reload in netmask6 filter.
- Fixed a memory leak in LogProtoBufferedServer in case the
encoding() option is used.
- configure: don't override $enable_python while executing
- Fixed BSD timestamp parsing in syslog-format.
- Fixed a SIGPIPE bug in program destination.
- Error handling has been improved in AMQP destination.
- value-pairs performance improvements, memleak fixes
- Various issues around UTF-8 support fixed.
- Fixed integer overflow in numerical operations template function
- Fixed an integer underflow in afsocket.
- Fixed numerical comperisons issues around filters.
- Fixed kernel log message time drift on Linux.
- Take CRLF sequences equivalent to an LF in patterndb.
- When syslog-ng failed to insert data into Redis, it has crashed.
- When device file is set as a file destination then syslog-ng
will not try to change the permission of the device file.
- Various fixes around config file parsing:
- Updated Python package requirements.
- Can now compile without MongoDB.
- Added eventlog to the list of required pkg-config packages.
- Basic FreeBSD and HP-UX support of syslog debug bundle generator
by improving POSIX shell compatibility.
- Keep the program destination open between configuration reloads.
- system-source now uses keep-timestamp(no) for Linux kernel log.
The time source used by /dev/kmsg is not updated after system
- Fix a SIGSEGV when a Redis command returns an error.
- Resolve deadlock in logwriter triggered by suppress()
- Mitigate possible deadlock in patterndb
- Fixed global inheritance of pass-unix-credentials() and
- Certain compilers complained about an undefined symbol when
- For certain use cases, afsocket would not handle procfs read
errors due to an integer underflow.
- Enhanced Java version check and the handling of
SyslogNgInternalLogger (used by Kafka), the FATAL loglevel and
- When a big amount of kernel log was produced in a very short
time, the syslog-ng process sometimes entered into a spin and
stop processing messages.
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.